"Igniting the Future: A Messed Up Love Story"

 "Igniting the Future: A Messed Up Love Story"




  My girlfriend had been the light to my fire for the past few years, but then suddenly one day she dropped a bombshell - she was pregnant. I was filled with a mixture of joy and anxiety. Joy at the thought of becoming a dad again but anxiety at the idea of me still being in the streets with another child on the way was bit overwhelming at a young age supporting a family with no resources just street contacts and not knowing if I would see tomorrow was damn hard. 


  Unfortunately, as the pregnancy progressed, I sunk deeper and deeper into depression. I became more and more distant from her, barely speaking to her, spending all my free time alone drinking away my worries with a fifth of vodka every day. Eventually, she had had enough and said she didn't want me around anymore while she was still pregnant. 


  I was absolutely crushed, but I knew she had every right to protect herself and the unborn baby. I was lost, my life in shambles and no one to turn to. I continued to drift through life, trying to fill the void with alcohol and long nights out at the bar, until one night I met someone new.


  The months passed quickly, and it was the new girl who noticed that I seemed to be gradually coming out of my shell. Then one day, the phone rings the new girl answered Kay says hello? It’s my old flame  that was still pregnant but weeks away from having the baby discovered I was seeing someone new and all hell broke loose. 

Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s

Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s presents Wellington’s Short Story Collection and Wellington Best Stories Writing is truly a labor of love for me and I take great pleasure in being able to create meaningful stories and to have them published. I look forward to sharing more of my work with the world in the coming years.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post